Don’t wait until an OSHA inspection or an accident to review your safety policies. Exercise due diligence to ensure you are in compliance with state regulations by attending this critical event!
California employers want to maintain a safe work environment—to protect their workforce and avoid costly payouts—but it’s difficult to meet the state’s complex and ever-changing compliance obligations. The Cal/OSHA Summit is aone-day, fast-paced, solution-focused event that will help safety managers and others charged with state and federal safety compliance.
The one-day action-packed agenda includes powerful sessions on:
- How the latest state and federal rulings impact your California-based safety management compliance obligations
- The latest DOSH, Appeals Board, Standards Board, and consultation services’ priorities for the year ahead
- Practical strategies for managing safety for contingent labor
- Cutting-edge strategies for managing the Cal/OSHA inspection process with ease
- Intersecting compliance obligations between Cal/OSHA Requirements, Workers’ Compensation, and other employment laws
- How to master compliance obligations and risk at work sites with more than one employer responsible for safety
- Case studies on world-class California safety culture programs
- The most common Cal/OSHA violations and best strategies to prevent them
CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
California’s leading employment law conference will celebrate its 12th anniversary in 2017 and will feature a powerful new agenda of comprehensive sessions crafted for California HR professionals and employers.
Practicing California employment attorneys will deliver plain-English guidance on legislative and regulatory developments and emerging strategic HR trends, and their implications for your compliance obligations.
This intensive program delivers rock-solid, bottom-line value with practical guidance for overcoming the latest HR challenges in California. The agenda will cover:
- A clear overview of the latest HR laws, regulations, and court rulings
- Management strategies for accommodating transgender employees
- Proven tactics for countering Fair Pay Act claims
- Legal risks and disability accommodation tripwires to avoid under ADA/FEHA
- Practical insights into how the new federal wage and hour overtime exemption rule will impact California workplaces
- New electronic monitoring and privacy concerns to be aware of
- Tactics to master the most common FMLA/CFRA management challenges